We warmly welcome six new members of the WLO Board of Directors, who will represent the organization for the period 2018-2021. They were elected by current members of the Board after an open nominations process launched last October.
The newly elected members of the Board are:
- Gulshetty Basawaraj – International Institute of Social Science Research Foundation, India
- Antonio Bramante – University of Sorocaba, Brazil
- Zhongqiang Ma (Victor) – Consultant of Foreing Affairs for Qingdao and Laixi, China
- Ling Ping – Hangzhou Normal University, China
- Trudie Walters – University of Otago, New Zealand
- Marie Young – University of the Western Cape, South Africa
We thank all of them for their willingness to contribute to the WLO, and look forward to start working with them to make the most out of their expertise and abilities, for the benefit of the WLO community as a whole.
The renewed Board of Directors is composed of 20 members, with the six newly elected members joining:
- Stephen Anderson – Florida International University, USA
- Miklos Banhidi – Szechenyi Istvan University, Hungary
- Roger Coles – WLO Chairman; Central Michigan University (Emeritus), USA/Canada
- Jalloh Abubakarr – Migrant Education Program, Iowa Department of Education, USA
- Richard L. Hayes – The Hayes Group, USA
- Yvonne Klerks – NHTV Bread University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands
- Lawal Mohammed Marafa – The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Lénia Marques – Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Galit Nimrod – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Cristina Ortega Nuere – WLO Chief Operating Officer (COO), Spain
- Carlos Alberto Rico – Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia
- Joanne A. Schroeder – Vancouver Island University, Canada
- Atara Sivan – Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- John Tower – Victoria University, Australia
We also take this opportunity to thank leaving Board members whose mandate had expired for their valuable contribution to the organization in the past few years, and hope to maintain the collaboration with them through different mechanisms in the future.
The new WLO Board of Directors will meet face-to-face for the first time in São Paulo, on the occasion of the WL Congress 2018 (28 August-1 September 2018), which will be also an excellent opportunity for WLO members to meet all of them and share with them their ideas and expectations for the WLO in the near future.
The composition of the current WLO Board of Directors can be checked here.