Coming from Australia, Brazil, China and Turkey, four new members join the WLO Board of Directors, who will serve for the period 2019-2021. They were elected by current members of the Board after an open nomination process that closed in November last year.
The newly elected members of the Board are:
- Giyasettin Demirhan – Hacettepe University, Turkey
- Arianne C. Reis – Western Sydney University, Australia
- Maria Luisa de Souza Dias – SESCSP (Serviço Social do Comércio in the state of São Paulo), Brazil
- Jane Zhou – Zhejiang University, China
These new four members of the Board of Directors join the current Board members:
- Roger Coles – WLO Chairman; Central Michigan University (Emeritus), USA/Canada
- Joanne A. Schroeder – WLO Vice – Chair, Vancouver Island University, Canada
- Cristina Ortega Nuere – WLO Chief Operating Officer (COO), Spain
- Yvonne Klerks – Breda University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands
- Stephen Anderson – East Carolina University, USA
- Gulshetty Basawaraj – International Institute of Social Science Research Foundation, India.
- Miklos Banhidi – Szechenyi Istvan University, Hungary
- Antonio Bramante, Leisure Management Consultant and Visiting Professor, Brazil
- Zhongqiang (Victor) Ma, Qingdao City – WL Games, China
- Lawal Mohammed Marafa – The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Lénia Marques – Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Ling Ping – Hangzhou Normal University, China
- Carlos Alberto Rico – Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia
- Atara Sivan – Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- Trudie Walters – University of Otago, New Zealand
- Marie Young – University of the Western Cape, South Africa
We thank new Board members for accepting this new challenge, and express our satisfaction for counting on such a diverse and committed group of people conforming our main governance body.
We also take this opportunity to thank leaving Board members whose mandate had expired for their valuable contribution to the organization in the past few years, and hope to maintain the collaboration with them through different mechanisms in the future.
The composition of the current WLO Board of Directors can be checked here.