The 17th World Leisure Congress “Leisure: Learn Well, Live Well”, to be held from December 11th to 15th, has been recently included at the UNWTO Programme of Work (PoW) for 2023. The PoW of the Affiliate Members Department is the roadmap document outlining the specific objectives for the UNWTO Affiliate Membership, aligned with UNWTO’s strategic vision and mission.
This programme is elaborated on a yearly basis. It has been elaborated based on:
- UNWTO’s Management Objectives and Priorities for 2022-2023
- Feedback of the proposals received from Affiliate Members in response to the Call for Proposals
- Inputs from the Board of the Affiliate Members
- Inputs from the Committee on Matters Related to the Affiliate Membership
- The provisions of the new expansion strategy
We would like to remind you that the World Leisure Congress 2023’s Call for Abstracts is already open, and we warmly invite you to submit a paper. Abstracts are open for oral presentations, 20-minute presentation and 10-minute Q&A, or contribution to a special topic presentation.
Learn more here: Call for Abstracts
The Special topic sessions focus on a specific topic of interest and will feature within the main Congress programme. Selected special topic sessions are open for contribution from presenters as part of the Congress call for abstracts.
Learn more here: Special topic sessions
Please find some key dates of the Congress here:
- Call for Abstracts close: April 4th, 2023, at 11:59pm NZST
- Abstracts presenters notified: from May 25th, 2023
- Special topic session and abstract presenters’ deadline for registration: August 15th, 2023
- Special topic session and abstract full papers due: September 14th, 2023
- Full programme available: September 2023
- Presentations due: November 22nd, 2023
We are looking forward to welcoming the World Leisure community in December 2023 at the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand!