Given these unprecedented circumstances, a joint decision has been taken by WLO and People’s Government of Beijing Municipality of the 16th World Leisure Congress in Pinggu-Beijing, to postponed the event, which was initially scheduled to take place from October 17 to 23 October this year.
The new dates to celebrate the 16th World Leisure Congress are: April 15-21, 2021.
WLO along with Pinggu-Beijing will continue to monitor closely this evolving situation and keep you informed with due notice allowing you to prepare the necessary. Rest assured, WLO and Pinggu-Beijing will maintain its ongoing cooperation to be prepared to welcome all the leisure community to the important biennial event.
More than ever will be the timely occasion to create new synergies and demonstrate how leisure is a vital component and an integral part to social, cultural, economic and sustainable environmental development to cope with the challenges we are collectively facing.
- New abstract submission deadline: 30th October, 2020.
- New WL Awards programme submission deadline:
- Thomas and Ruth Rivers International Scholarship – 16th November 2020.
- Hillel Ruskin Memorial Scholar Lecture Award – 16th November 2020
- Cornelis Westland Humanitarian Award – 16th November 2020
- George Torkildsen Literary Award – 16th November 2020
For more information, connect with WLO Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org