Commission on Tourism and the Environment
PURPOSE, GOALS AND OBJECTIVESThe World Leisure Commission on Tourism and the Environment has been developed with the following objectives:
• To provide a communication network for members to address the relations between tourism and the environment.
• To promote and develop initiatives which examine the inter-relationships between leisure, recreation, tourism and the environment.
• To foster theoretical and applied research that examines the inter-relationships between
• To serve as a mechanism to advocate for policies and programs within World Leisure that interface with tourism and the environment.
• To serve as a vehicle to ensure that aspects pertaining to tourism and the environment are addressed in the work of World Leisure and its various commissions, committees, and projects.
CONTACTSChair: Kevin Hannam
Leeds Beckett University (UK)