Click on the title to view the article
World Leisure Organization Honorary Members Posted on October 9th, 2015For their full commitment in organizing a successful 2015 World Leisure Games in Laixi and Qingdao (China), together with their kind hospitality, which exceeded completely our expectations, World Leisure Organization is proud to announce the designation of Honorary Members to:
• Mr. LI Qun, Qingdao Secretary
• Mr. ZHANG Xinqi, Qingdao Mayor
• Ms. LIU Shengzhen, Party Secretary of CPC Laixi Committee
• Mr. JI Jiadong, Mayor of Laixi City
• Mr. XING Fudong, Deputy Party Secretary of CPC Laixi Committee
• Ms. DING Zhaoxia, Vice Mayor of Laixi City
• Mr. JI Yushui, Vice Mayor of Laixi City
The WLO Board would like to express its deepest gratitude and thank you for all the support received before and during the event.
World Leisure Organization would also like to designate Mr. Mike Dow, Chairman of the 2014 World Leisure Congress, Honorary Member for all the support and magnificent job done during the Mobile Congress in Alabama last year.
It is World Leisure Organization hope that we can work and collaborate together on future projects.
WL Center of Excellence at VIU 2015 Annual Report Posted on October 8th, 2015The 2015 Annual Report for the World Leisure Center of Excellence at Vancouver Island University is now available!
On September 15th, 2009, a partnership was created between the World Leisure Organization and Vancouver Island University (VIU) to establish a Centre of Excellence with a focus on innovation and sustainability in leisure management. The WLO definition identifies a Centre of Excellence (COE) as an international postgraduate program with research and service elements and the agreement states visiting scholars as an integral part of the program.
Attached DocumentsDownload Annual Report 2015 here
World Leisure Organizationâ€™s Call for Nominations: Board of Directors Posted on September 1st, 2015
World Leisure Organization’s Call for Nominations: Board of Directors
Deadline: November 1st, 2015
WL is happy to announce that there is a vacancy for the Board of Directors of World Leisure Organization. Should you are interested in taking part actively in World Leisure Organization, please, keep reading and become a fundamental part of one of the most important organizations fostering leisure.
Members of the Board are elected for a period of three years with a possible re-election. Those wishing to make a nomination for 2016 are required to comply with the following procedures prior to 1, November, 2015.
• In depth understanding of leisure as a vital factor in enhancing the human condition.
• High personal commitment to the goals of WLO.
• A network of national and international leisure, business, education, or financial contacts.
• Only individual members of World Leisure, including full, life, or student members are eligible to make nominations to the Board. However, non-members can apply for this vacancy on condition that they become members of WLO prior to being elected.
• Individual World Leisure members may self-nominate
• Read the Nomination Procedures document (download pdf below)
• Complete the Nomination Form (download pdf below)
How to Apply:
The Nominator or the Self-Nominee is responsible for the FULL COMPLETION of the Nomination Form, including that the Nominator must secure the consent and signature of the Nominee. • Complete and sign the Nomination Form.
• Attach a covering letter from the Self-Nominee, the Nominee or the Nominator, which gives support to the nomination.
• Attach a Summary CV or Résumé of the Nominee or Self-Nominee — 2 pages maximum.
• SEND THE NOMINATION FORM, COVERING LETTER, AND CV OR RÉSUMÉ BY E-MAIL ATTACHMENT IN PDF TO[email protected] by the Deadline Date (November 1st, 2015). Email Subject: 2016_CALL FOR NOMINATIONS_BOD_NAME_SURNAME
Candidates without these materials are ineligible and will be removed from the nomination list.
World Leisure Secretariat attended the Ociogune Forum Posted on June 15th, 2015World Leisure Secretariat attended the 10th Ociogune International Forum for research, thought and reflection on leisure (June 11th-12th, 2015. Bilbao, Spain). OcioGune, organized by The Institute of Leisure Studies of the University of Deusto, is aimed at researchers, experts and professionals in the field of leisure who are interested in sharing knowledge and experience in their areas of expertise. This new edition sought to promote a pluralistic view of the leisure phenomenon with the help of cultural and creative industries, integrating the diversity of actors, initiatives and approaches from which they are developed. Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs) have become one of the most influential emerging sectors in advanced economies in the last decade.
World Leisure Secretariat met with Serviço Social do Comércio (SESC) representatives, the organizing committee of the 2018 World Leisure Congress, to discuss the scientific program of the Congress that will be held in Sao Paulo (Brazil) in three years. World Leisure Organization also had a stand at Ociogune with the aim to promote and disseminate information on scientific programs, commissions, projects and upcoming events among the conference attendees. World Leisure members and non-members approached the stand to exchange ideas and discuss collaboration opportunities.
2016 World Leisure Congress Call for Papers Posted on March 24th, 2015LARASA and The World Leisure Organization are now accepting abstracts for the 2016 World Leisure Congress2016 World Leisure Congress Challenges, Choices and Consequences will be held in Durban, South Africa from June 27th to June 30th, 2016.
Call for Papers
The Leisure and Recreation Association of South Africa (LARASA) and The World Leisure Organization (WLO) are now accepting abstracts for the 2016 World Leisure Congress. Each abstract will be subjected to a double-blind peer review by the Scientific Committee and will be assessed according to its thematic relevance, and quality of the research. Presenters accepted for the education sessions will have 20 minutes to present their findings and a further 10 minutes to respond to questions, for an overall duration of 30 minutes per session. Presenters are invited to submit proposals for interactive workshops and panel discussions / commissions, with a maximum of 3 panelists will be allocated 2 hours.
Click here for further details: Call for Papers